Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sick

When I headed back on the plane from Denver on Tuesday, I had a pretty good idea that I'd wind up catching a cold from all the people hacking and coughing on the flight. At least I'm not squandering a couple days of a 10-day vacation or something! The poor people.

So, I started feeling ill yesterday or the night before. Runny nose, sore through, etc. At least I don't have the severe respiratory symptoms of pig flu--I realized this afternoon that I was sitting next to a Mexican guy on the plane from Atlanta to Lima. But he was coming from the US and had a US passport, anyways. And he didn't look like he would have been in recent contact with any pig except the deep-fried kind (does that count as porcine profiling).

The idea of having to go to a hospital down here in the jungle is a little scary. If I were in Lima, I have no doubt that my medical care would be as good as anything I could get in the states, but down here... who knows?

All in all, there's never a good time to be ill (except, you know, when you're rhymin' and stealin') but at least I've got the weekend to feel better.

No comments: