Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Heading back to the coast...

...after far too little time in the jungle. I figure, though, I'll have a lot more in the way of jungle opportunities down in Bolivia, which is on the agenda for the week after next, I think.

I've been reading through my survey data for Bolivia and taking a look through the Lonely Planet book at a couple of the places, and there are some really interesting-looking places to visit, so I'm getting pretty excited about it. My only regret: nowhere on Lake Titicaca is in the survey, and I was hoping to make it there. I had planned to do a case study on the Peruvian side, near Puno, but I think I'm going to cut it out, in the interest of getting more time in Bolivia. I have, after all, been in Peru, effectively since early October.

Hopefully, I don't have any trouble getting over the border, with this pig flu nonsense going on.

Anyways, my plane leaves Pucallpa tomorrow morning at the ridiculous hour of 5:40AM. Why they leave at that time, I have no idea, since there are only two flights a day out of this town.

I'll be in Lima for two days, then back to Cusco, then (I think) by bus to the Bolivian border, and ultimately, La Paz. There's also a very small possibility that I'll find a cheap flight from Lima to La Paz or Santa Cruz and be able to do it by plane, instead (really, can't have too many stops in the Lima airport, right?).

I'm going to miss the Inka Kola, but I'm looking forward to the Salvietti.

No comments: