Friday, August 8, 2008

Mindless drivel

First off, I'm back in Antigua for a couple days--Maureen's heard all my
complaining about this town, but as I told Emily last night, it's pretty
fantastic to be able to travel just about four hours and go from
(relatively) rural Guatemala, with all of its charms and frustrations,
to a place where you can almost feel like you're in the states for a
couple of days.

Aubrey's put her blog up--I'll put a link in the sidebar.

She mentions in her first post that she has reservations about the whole
blogging thing--presumably thinking (at least in part) of my thoughts on
poisson models and canine rationality--then apologizes. No offense
taken! I have no illusions that many of my posts are of interest to
anyone but me. But it does feel good to be able to ramble on about
things when I haven't had a conversation in English in a while.

So, the fact that I'm here in gringolandia means that I'll be able to
put up some pictures on the internet, using (I think) my web page
(http://sobek.colorado.edu/wrightgd). I also started a picasa page, but
I'm not sure it saves me much time. On the other hand, Ying's gotten
after me for costing the data lab lots of money by never cleaning off my
sobek account (I apparently have more on the server than everyone else
in the department, combined) so maybe I should do Picasa.

In any event, I'll put a post up when that's done, with the details.

No comments: