Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Guatemala City (Again)

Made it into the airport. It's really getting nice. Last year when I
was here, they hadn't installed a lot of windows, and the rain was
coming in. There's still a lot of work to do, but it's nicer than (a)
Juarez Airport in D.F., (b) O'Hare, and (c) Juneau, AK. I think it
might have been cooler the last time, though, both because of the rain
coming in, and also because of the construction workers cooking their
lunches on open fires under the terminal building (which is raised on
columns).

It's about even with Moline, Illinois, since Viru Viru (Guate.) has a
Pollo Campero, and all Moline has is a map of the Moline/Davenport area
tiled into the floor. Come on--Moline/Davenport? That's the least
geographically interesting area in the Universe, except for the vast
areas of space between the stars which have no matter. I think they
should have reconsidered, and installed a swimming pool with water slides.

One thing has me confused, though--there are drinking fountains here.
Does that mean that you can drink the water? I won't be testing them,
but I'm curious.

No comments: