Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Uspantán

Made it to Uspantán with no hitch, and I even managed to find a place
that served burgers this morning in Sta. Cruz. Of course, I wasn't on
the lookout for burgers, but breakfast. Who the hell wants a
cheeseburger at 9:30 in the morning? And who's ever heard of a café
that served burgers but not breakfast?

But I'll take what I can get.

I love the fact that you don't get ketchup and mustard with your
hamburger down here--you get ketchup and green chile sauce.

So all is well. I checked out a budget place here in town for about
$3/night, but I upgraded to a $10/night place which is a little nicer,
including having a private bathroom and what appears to be real,
two-pipe hot water. At least there's two knobs in the shower, and both
work, and no electrical attachment on the shower head. We'll see
tomorrow morning if the water actually gets hot.

Almost as soon as I came into town, I bumped into a peace corps
volunteer here--I told her what I was doing, and she told me to come by
the municipal tourism office and she would introduce me to some people
in the municipal government. So I'll stick my head in in the morning
and see.

No comments: