Saturday, February 7, 2009

On the Road Again...

...It's good to be back on the road again...

The life I love is getting suits and shoes custom made and then trying to figure out how to get them home...

So, faithful reader, I have been a bit remiss in writing about my complete lack of adventures recently, but I have a couple of things to write about. I've been spending far too much time recoding variables and getting all of these forestry/local gub'mint policies surveys merged together in one rather large dataset. About 200 variables in each survey, eleven surveys, and every variable named different in each of the surveys. A real pain in the asno.

However, for today, I'm getting ready to hit the road (air?) tomorrow. Rather than taking the 24 hour bus ride, I have a plane ticket. I'll be spending enough time on a bus in the near future.

In any event, back to Lima tomorrow, a meeting with the Mysterious Dr. Jaramillo of Peruvian research institute GRADE on Monday, then (hopefully) a meeting with one of the local experts on the arcane, obscure, and bizarre Peruvian local electoral laws.

And a burger. Man, I can go for a burger. A burger and some fried Yucca.

No comments: