Monday, February 9, 2009

The Cultural Homogenization Continues!

Ladies and gentleman, Taco Bell has entered Mexico--evidently, I'm a
little behind, because it happened back in 2007. But check out the
article in the Chicago Tribune:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-talk-avila-tacofeb07,0,5420344.story

This is awesome for three reasons:
1. Apparently, much of what's sold at T-Bell is so far away from
Mexican cuisine that they needed to invent new words so that the
Mexicans would have some idea of what they were eating. For example,
according to the Tribune, they can't call it a "taco" (tacos are soft),
so they called it a "tacostada."
2. If taco bell can make it to Mexico, why not Peru?
3. Oh man. I could go for a burrito about now. But the only Mexican
place in San Isidro (that I know of) is too swishy for me. That's
okay. I could really go for some pancakes, too.

1 comment:

Dan said...

If you can walk me thru the customs paper work I'd be happy to Mail some taco bell. I'm thinking 12 ice packs and one taco or your pick and we NDA it out. 30 cent taco could cost $60.00 maybe a Tacobell party is in order when you get back. Let me know

Stay in touch

Brother Dan