Saturday, November 29, 2008

More thanksgiving...

I am also thankful that my hat is wearing a belt:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/stinkoturkey.html

Maureen thinks I should be thankful for television online and Pizza
Hut. I'm not a big fan of either Pizza Hut or TV, but I have clearly
forgotten to be thankful for Taco Bell and "Bembo's" the Peruvian burger
chain (which is not related to the even-more-amusingly named "Bimbo's",
the Mexican bread company. And Inka Kola.

Yesterday, my Quechua instructor taught me how to give thanks to the
Apus (animist Quechua deities) and Pachamama (mother earth) with my
Chicha. Chicha is homebrewed corn beer. I said, "I'm not a big chicha
drinker. Do I do this with Inka Kola, too? He said, "the campesinos do
it with everything."

So I need to start making coffee offerings to the Fifth Flatiron and
Bear Peak.

No comments: