Friday, May 21, 2010

Financial Sanctions on Iran, and missing flights in Europe.

The NY Times discusses the possibility of financial sanctions against Iran's central bank here

What I know about this approach is relatively optimistic--sounds like the approach we tried against Sudan during the Clinton administration, after the first World Trade Center bombings--these were the financial sanctions that drove Bin Laden and his cronies from Sudan to Afghanistan.  Though it also sounds like there's a lot to be decided here. 

Anything I'm missing?

In other news, after nearly missing our connecting flight in Houston, Emily and I made our flight to Frankfurt, then, once in Frankfurt, missed our flight to Vienna.  So, we should be in Vienna on a later flight at about 9:30 tonight, unless we can hitch a ride, standby, on a flight that's leaving in about an hour. 

I'm no stranger to long flights, but I haven't crossed this many time zones in a single trip ever in my life before, except for once.  It's weird.  It's 2:15PM here, and I'm just starting to get hungry for breakfast.  Feel like I should be a lot more tired than I am.

In other news, Frankfurt is my new least favorite airport.  As byzantine and poorly signed as O'Hare or the airport in Mexico City, without the charming modernist architecture of O'Hare or the shininess of D.F.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.