Friday, May 22, 2009

Heading to Bolivia

I leave Cusco tonight on an overnight bus to La Paz. In theory, I should arrive at about 11AM tomorrow, though I've never been on a long distance bus (in any country) that's been exactly on time.

The bus should arrive at the Border in Desaguadero, near the southern end of Lake Titicaca, just as the border opens, thus saving us time waiting in line. Though again, this is a little questionable.

I don't know what my internet access situation will be like, either in La Paz or in my next case study site (which I think will be Sorata, in the Yungas--a pleasant place that has improved in terms of forestry outcomes significantly over the last several years, evidentally), but I have a couple of blog postings pre-scheduled for the next couple of days, all about Peru and other assorted topics. Keep an eye peeled.

Sad to leave the family here--I've spent so much time with Ricardo and Lucy here in Cusco that it really feels like I'm leaving home, but I'm happy to be moving on, as well. I have a lot of work to do over the next couple of weeks, and I'm also looking forward to being one step further to getting back to Emily and the states.

No comments: